1. I need to obtain a permit to buy and own land in Mexico. (Tomorrow)
2. I need to come up with the deposit immediately and money for closure on February 17th.
3. The Bank, in its infinite wisdom will not allow me to wire money unless I am there in person, face to face, in the flesh, visible to the naked eye, standing right in front of them so they can lay their hands upon me. I have found a way around it, however it is more complicated. Have to take care of that tomorrow. With all the technology available today, we still don't have it all figured out do we!
4. I really need the deposit money tomorrow. I can only obtain 6,000 pesos per day with my bank card. I need to try and solve this in some way.
5. Part of the purchase agreement is that the seller will build me a back wall if I supply the bricks. I have to come up with thousands of bricks .... bricks cost money ..... getting money here in a hurry is a challenge.
6. I'm applying for my FM3 visa while I am still in SMA. This requires bank documentation, photos, permits .... put altogether ... then .... more money.
So, I'm going to try and get this all together this week.
7. To make things even more exciting, the house I have been renting a suite in is now sold. (We are back home now) Possession date it March 5th.
8. Did I mention I am having renovations done on the property I purchased. This will take place while I am here. I must be here to oversee and make sure everything is done. So ... can't go home to take care of business, like moving out, selling my stuff, and getting ready to move here.
9. Life all happens at once it seems. I guess that is what makes it exciting.
10. I'll see you in a few days with more news!
Grumpy Marshall Weather Report for San Miguel de Allende for Tuesday, February 2, 2010
The forecast for the next three days is: rain, rain, and rain.
"Have patience with everything that remains unsolved in your heart. Try to love the questions themselves, like locked rooms and like books written in a foreign language. Do not now look for the answers. They cannot now be given to you because you could not live them. It is a question of experiencing everything. At present you need to live the question. Perhaps you will gradually, withouteven noticing it, find yourself experiencing the answer, some distant day." ~ Ranier Maria Rilke