2. Yes, I could hear everything that went on in the operating room. I had a spinal and could not feel any pain, however could feel tugging and pulling. At times my entire body moved up and down on the operating table as the hammered and sawed. An interesting experience.
3. Yes, I asked for more drugs. They administered them, however I could still hear the proceedings.
4. I had earphones in my ears with good music on.
5. They did not administer a sedative prior to surgery. I walked to the operating room and helped myself up on the table.
6. The operation took two hours.
7. I have six parts in my knee. I have been given a list with stickers from each part. Sort of like taking a car in for repair ... :o).
8. I was in recovery for one hour. Wide awake.
9. I shook for that entire hour. I think my body was experiencing shock.
10. They kept the spinal in and administered straight morphine.
11. I did not feel drugged and did not have any pain.
12. The day of surgery I was not allowed out of bed.
13. The day after surgery I was up and walking with the aid of a walker. It was not too painful. I was then able to go to the washroom by myself. I could also have a shower sitting down.
14. The first three days I was wired. I thought I was going to have a party, but no one came. boo hoo.
15. The fourth day I crashed. I was released from hospital and made the trip home in a van. The pain was excruciating, because my leg was in a bad position and there was no alternative.
16. I got set up in my own bed and was much more comfortable.
17. It is now one week after surgery. I can basically do everything for myself. My stamina is not built back up yet, however, it's not bad either. I am using a walker and could not walk without one at this point.
18. The stitches come out in one more week.
19. By then, I should be able to bed my knee in a normal fashion while sitting.
20. I will then be given a list of exercises to do which will hopefully give me my mobility back. My body compensated for the pain so much that my left leg is now shorter than the right one because the ligaments grew tight. This will be difficult to correct, however, I am going to give it a good shot.
21. I am hoping to be able to get up the stairs to my studio this weekend. YEAH!
22. I am on a ton of meds. Antibiotics, anticoagulants and pain killers.
23. I will keep you posted from time to time on the progress.
24. If you have any more questions, please do not hesitate to ask.
|"Eventually you will come to understand that love heals everything, and love is all there is.” ~ Gary Zukav|